Thursday 18 June 2009

how it all began

The cat in the shoe began around 3 years ago in a brief spell of unemployment I decided to make a patchwork quilt, mainly because I was bored.
I then discovered that it was fun so started making quilts for babies and selling these through friends.

It is called the cat in the shoe simply because when my cat was tiny she used to sleep in my shoe, very cute.

I use as much recycled, salvaged fabric as possible for my creations but I cannot deni myself the odd purchase of new fabrics too, A girl has to have her fun.

My curious creations are available to purchase at my etsy store (use link).

For special orders i.e. Baby quilts (check out MY FLICKR) for previous commission pieces and send me an email on thecatintheshoe@mail.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment